[MCN] Farmer Field Day Reminder: July 15: Paradise

cfacinfo cfacinfo at missoulacfac.org
Tue Jul 7 19:29:31 EDT 2015

​

*Next Field Day: July 15th*

*Paula's Garden*
Family Farming, Flowers, and a Potluck!

Paula's Garden is located on the site of Paradise Gardens, a family farm
with three distinct businesses raising everything from melons to peppers to
lavender for all types of wholesale and direct markets. Paula started
raising flowers and other crops twenty years ago and has found a market so
large she can't fill it!  She's on a mission to share with other farmers
the joys of growing flowers as supplemental or winter income projects and
the ways she's used flowers to create a life she loves. She'll be telling
us all about her *flowers* and the *market opportunities* that exist for
these high-value crops. Along with learning about the geology of the area,
we will also see the two other farm operations on the property and hear
about how a* family farm* is operated. For more info on Paula's Garden,
follow these links for her website <http://www.paulajeansgarden.com/> and Etsy
page <https://www.etsy.com/shop/paulajeansgarden>.

*Click here for more info and to RSVP*
<http://missoulacfac.org/field-days-2015.html>

Field days are free, farmer-led, on-farm events geared towards people who
are just at the beginning of their farm exploration - interns, folks
thinking about starting a farm in the near future, and those who are just
getting started. Of course, beginning and established farmers and ranchers
are welcome, too!

Each field day is farmer led so they vary in topics and times based on the
farmers' areas of expertise and availability. To best assist the farmers in
hosting a successful field day, we ask that you *register at least
three days in advance*, or by Sunday, July 12th. Walk-ins are still
welcome, but we'd greatly prefer to have a good estimate of numbers in
advance.

We hope to see you there!
--
Annie Heuscher