[MCN] Free Backpacking Trips with the Wilderness Institute

James, Rachel Rachel.James at umontana.edu
Wed Jul 8 17:17:22 EDT 2015

The Wilderness Institute’s Citizen Science Program has space available on several backpacking trips.

In partnership with the US Forest Service and Bureau of Land Management we are leading trips in the Absaroka Beartooth Wilderness and BLM Wilderness Study Areas to monitor for field measures of wilderness character.  The trips are free of charge and open to the general public.

Learn more at: http://www.cfc.umt.edu/wi/education/citizen-science/volunteer.php#volunteer

Here's a snapshot of our 2015 summer trips:
- 5 to 7-day trips into the backcountry
- Learn about invasive species, native plants, monitoring methods, and the natural history of a vast wilderness and smaller wilderness study areas
- Backcountry experience is helpful but not necessary; 2 field leaders will lead each trip
- Dinners are provided daily
Rachel James
Citizen Science Outreach Coordinator
The Wilderness Institute