[MCN] 2015 GREAT BURN STUDY GROUP SUMMER VOLUNTEER TRIPS SCHEDULE

Valerie Aerni val.aerni at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 00:24:58 EDT 2015

> *2015 GREAT BURN STUDY GROUP SUMMER VOLUNTEER TRIPS SCHEDULE*
>
> Enjoy the beauty of the northern Rockies and help protect public
> wildlands.  Volunteers needed for summer field projects and wild country
> exploration.  Please join experienced leaders for weekend trips in the
> Great Burn and surrounding roadless backcountry.  We will be monitoring
> weeds, wildlife, trail conditions, signs, and other information critical to
> the understanding and management of northern Rockies
> wildlands.  Backcountry experience is helpful but not necessary.  There
> will be a brief, mandatory pre-trip meeting before each excursion.
>
> *Choose from eight backcountry adventures:*
>
> *June 27-28*

   Explore the heart of the proposed Great Burn Wilderness    from Fish
Creek.

> Difficulty: Moderate
> Total mileage: 14
>
> *July 3-5*

Spend your holiday weekend following Straight Creek to a beautiful
> waterfall.
> Difficulty:  Moderate
> Total mileage: 10
>
> *July 10-12*

Soak up lakes, meadows, and old cedar groves on a trip to Goose Lake.
> Difficulty: Moderate/Strenuous
> Total mileage: 12
>
> *July 24-26*

Cool off in peaceful, cliff-bordered Kid Lake after a scenic ridge walk.
> Difficulty:  Moderate
> Total mileage: 10
>
> *August 1-2*

Hike and relax at the Oregon Lakes among huckleberries and great fishing.
> Difficulty: Mild
> Total mileage: 5*
>
> *August 14-16*

Enjoy Fish Lake, the largest in the area, with options to day hike to a
> scenic ridge.
> Difficulty: Moderate
> Total mileage: 8 (with option for 12)
>
> *August 22-23*

Hike into Lost Lake, a remote glacial cirque near the Idaho border.
> Difficulty: Strenuous
> Total mileage: 10*
>
> *August 29-30*

Enjoy a stunning view of both ID and MT from the Stateline Trail via Heart