[MCN] Reminder: Community Faith and Climate event - this Monday Nov 16, 7 pm at UM

Amy Cilimburg amycili at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 17:07:58 EST 2015

Please come and join the discussion:

*Climate Change: Why People of Faith Should be Engaged, and How We Can Make
a Difference*

*Monday, November 16, 7pm*

*UC Theater, University of Montana*

In the lead up to the major United Nations climate change conference in
Paris, join faith and community leaders for a conversation about religious
and ethical motivations for engagement on climate change. This panel
discussion will feature:

   - *Len Broberg*, professor of Environmental Studies: *Global context of
   the upcoming Paris UN conference *
   - *Rev. Joseph Carver*, pastor at St. Francis Xavier Church*: Pope
   Francis’ encyclical: caring for our “common home”*
   - *Dan Spencer*, co-author of “Earth Ethics”, ordained UCC minister and
   Professor of Environmental Studies: *Religious perspectives on
   engagement on climate change*
   - *Caroline Lauer* of Climate Smart Missoula: *Climate initiatives in
   Missoula: practical ways to get involved*

Come be part of the momentum that’s building and learn how people of faith
can be empowered to make a difference together. All are welcome!