[MCN] Woodland Estates and Safe Kids - Thought you all would be interest in this.

CB Pearson cbpearson at mrss.com
Mon Nov 16 15:35:20 EST 2015

Folks  – I wanted to make sure you all saw this. Please come if you can.

You are cordially invited to attend a walk and gathering on Woodland Avenue
on Saturday, November 21, 2015, 11:00-11:30 a.m. to showcase the risk to
our kids from a proposed gated housing development.

 Specifically, this walk is to draw attention to the misguided development
known as Woodland Estates being proposed at the end of Woodland Avenue, a
quiet, narrow, dead-end street.

• Woodland Avenue is a Walk to School route. The increased traffic will
compromise our kids’ safety. It is the main bike – walk corridor to
Rattlesnake school from the west.

• Streets in the neighborhood are significant non-motorized routes to
school, parks and trails. It is an essential connectivity corridor.

• This irresponsible development negatively impacts public safety and
neighborhood quality, and has unresolved environmental concerns.

 We invite you to join families in the neighborhood and Missoula elected
officials and employees to experience the street first-hand and see why
this is the wrong development in the wrong place.

The walk will start at the junction of Woodland Avenue and Dickinson Street
at 11am and finish at the junction of Woodland and the access to trails and
the footbridge.

Please respond to the email above KeepOurKidsSafeRattlesnake at gmail.com*.*

We hope to see you next Saturday!

My best,

CB

*C.B. Pearson *

Senior Vice President

[image: Photo]

405 South 1st St. West | Missoula, MT 59801

P.O. Box 5800 | Missoula, MT 59806

406-549-2848 ext.1 (o) | 406-544-0032 (m) | cbpearson at mrss.com

www.mrss.com | Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/MRCampaigns> | Twitter
<http://twitter.com/mrcampaigns>