[MCN] freecycles bump

paul wheaton paul at richsoil.com
Thu Oct 1 10:02:31 EDT 2015

I know that most of the missoula community doesn't know that my stuff
exists, but this is one of those beautiful things where a bunch of
people outside the missoula community are loving on one of missoula's
treasures.   And a teeny tiny effort can bring in an extra thousand
bucks.

Plus, I think it is high time that this mailing list got the love it deserves.

When putting a dollar into the freecycles fundraiser, mention that you
heard about it on "the missoula community news list".   Maybe that
will generate a little bit of love back to our benevolent list host?

Today:  If freecycles can raise $325 more by the end of the day, a
permies.com donor will add $1000.

https://www.gofundme.com/70sws0

Just for giggles, here is a video of a bunch of freecycles goofballs
moving a rocket mass heater to caras park for earthday using nothing
but bicycle power.   The freecycles stuff starts about eight minutes
in:

http://permies.com/t/80/2558#78136

Wow, that video is almost to a quarter of a million views!

Freecycles: anybody in missoula who wants a bike, gets a bike.  How
freaky cool is that?

How many people remember the beginning of freecycles, with all those
green bikes all over missoula where if you see it, you can hop, go
where you want and leave it for the next person.  ??  Was that 25
years ago?  So, helping to make missoula freaky awesome for 25 years
on a shoestring.

--

Sign up for my daily-ish email, or my devious plots for world
domination:  http://richsoil.com/email