[MCN] Wednesday World Premier at the Roxy

Jeffrey J. Smith yswolfhowl at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 16:18:21 EDT 2015

350 Missoula invites you to the premier of Gene Bernofsky's new film,
"Montana Death Trains," this Wednesday, October 7, 7 p.m., at the Roxy
Theater, 718 South Higgins in Missoula.

The new film is a double feature with Bernofsky's earlier film about the
notorious Arch Coal Company, "Coal Cocked."

Admission is $5 and is, in part, a fund-raiser for 350 Missoula.

Here's what Gene says about his new film on his World Wide Film Expeditions
website:

"From the vast Bakken oil digs in North Dakota, obsolete tanker cars of the
Burlington Northern Santa Fe (BNSF) railway are derailing, splitting apart,
and spewing toxic fireballs across the country. Mega billionaire Warren
Buffet, owner of the BNSF, too cheap to install modern tanker cars, too
cheap to provide adequate safety and rail inspection, reaps obscene profits.

"In Montana, thousands of Buffets’ oil tanker bombs careen day and night
across the State, four Indian Reservations and the entire Southern border
of Glacier National Park on their way west to Asian markets.

"Do people know what is rolling through their communities?"

A documentary filmmaker who calls Missoula his home, Bernofsky has never
minced words nor images. As we witness more and more of these oil trains
passing through our neighborhoods and paralleling the Clark Fork River the
length of Missoula County, Bernofsky believes we need to go deeper and
consider the difficult questions.

We hope you can join us.