[MCN] Bernofsky's New Film Tonight at the Roxy

Jeffrey J. Smith yswolfhowl at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 11:20:31 EDT 2015

You know, we live in very comfortable, perilous times. Our standard of
living is unsurpassed. The luxuries we take for granted are unparalleled.
Yet the clouds of climate change are rising fast on the horizon.

Every species on the planet, it seems, has individuals that seem to watch
over the group.  There will be one cow elk in the herd at the fence line
watching for trouble. One goose will sound the alarm before the others. One
beaver will slap its tail.

Gene Bernofsky walks the watchtower for all of us. For 40 years, he has
made films about threats to our democracy, threats to our peace and safety,
threats posed by overreaching corporations and corrupt politicians.

Postman by day, anarchist filmmaker by night, he is the human equivalent of
Missoula's Mount Sentinel. His vision penetrates the ivory towers, the
glass corporate edifice, and the big stinking piles of political corruption
most people prefer to ignore.

Tonight, 7 p.m., at the Roxy, 350 Missoula is premiering his latest film,
"Montana Death Trains," his film about the exploding Bakken oil trains
regularly passing through the heart of Missoula.

We hope you can make it . . . because . . .as Bob Dylan (and Hendrix!) sing
in "All Along the Watchtower" . . . "outside in the distance a wildcat did
growl, two riders were approaching, the wind began to howl."