[MCN] Logging to reduce fuels can't stop today's severe fires

Lance Olsen lance at wildrockies.org
Wed Sep 9 15:54:22 EDT 2015

"The researchers are still sorting through
preliminary data, and many other compounding
factors, like the slope or structure of the
forests, could also be playing a role. But
Prichard said she isn't seeing much difference
between the severely burned areas that received
fuel treatment before the fire and those that
didn't.

"'There was a tipping point, where the fire
weather was so severe that the treatments were
not as effective anymore,' Prichard said.

http://www.eenews.net/stories/1060024372

--
Behind complexity, there is always simplicity to

Kimon Valaskakis, Peter S. Sindell, J. Graham
Smith, and Iris Fitzpatrick-Martin. The Conserver
Society. 1970. Harper & Row.