[MCN] bike events- updated!

Free Cycles and MIST mist at strans.org
Tue Sep 15 13:02:58 EDT 2015

We've added a couple events, and _corrected_ a couple dates.  Thanks!

Sat. Sept. 19th, 10-6: Festival of Cycles, at the shop.  We need bakers,
shakers and bicycle makers. Focus: give away 50 free children's bikes

Sun. Sept. 20th, 10am: BLOTS community ride.  Showcasing ways to move
children by bike; also a fundraiser for Free Cycles and BWAM.  see
https://www.facebook.com/events/1455956951373596/

Mon. Sept. 21st, 12-2pm: Student Maintenance Day: Free air, lube, and
minor tune-ups on the Oval

Mon. Sept. 21st, 5:15-6:30pm, at Public Library: Bike Whisperers workshop.
 Bring your bike and we'll tune it together.

BikeWell Workshops (1 hour), at Free Cycles: Tues. Sept 22nd 5pm; Wed.
Sept 23rd 4pm; Thurs. Sept 24th 3pm; Fri. Sept 25th 2pm; Learn maintenance
tips, bike laws, and shop orientation.

Tues. Sept. 22nd, 5pm: Right Sizing Orange: A Walking Discussion. A focus
on making Orange St. a safe, pleasant, and efficient roadway for all. Meet
at Orange and 1st. Free fresh, organic tomatoes for participants

Wed. Sept. 23rd, noon: Reimagining the Hip Strip: A bicycling tour to
explore future design options. Meet at XXXs on Higgins. Free patch kits

Wed. Sept. 23rd, 6:30-8pm: Family Fun Game & Craft Night: Community play
nourishes the soul. Enjoy bicycle activities at Free Cycles. Free organic
lemonade and homemade granola bars

Fri. Sept. 25th, 10am: Calming Your Rattles, Squeaks, & Chatters Workshop.
Learn to silence pesky little noises on your bike. at Free Cycles

Fri. Sept. 25th, 12-1pm: Sustrans Missoula- Roundtable discussion on the
future of transportation in the Missoula Valley. Issues include bike
lanes, trails, roundabouts, right sizing roads, greenways, sustainable
paving, transit, bike share, pedestrian plazas and more. at Free Cycles

Fri. Sept. 25th, 5:30-10pm, at free cycles. 'Frames and Fun'; a party with
food, beverage, live music and bicycle activity

Sat. Sept. 26th, 10am: The Parade of Bicycle Champions- Join the Free
Cycles float in the UM homecoming parade. Dress as your favorite bicycle
champion, inspiration or character

Wed. Oct. 7th: Group bike tour to Potomac, camping that night and fixing
bikes at the Potomac Elementary school Thurs morn; then return to
Missoula.

Sat. Oct. 10th: ‘Bring it Home’ fundraiser at Free Cycles, for 1000 New
Gardens, Blue Sky Stewardship, Reinvest Montana and Free Cycles.

Sun. Oct. 18th, 1-5pm: Tweed Ride- Get yer tweed and steed ready!
www.missoulatweedride.org

Sat. Oct. 31st: Halloween show at free cycles with Shakewell, Skurfs and
Letter B.  we need a party theme.. give us suggestions!

--
Bob Giordano, Director
Free Cycles Missoula