[MCN] Forest Service muzzles Forest Service scientist over fire report

Lance Olsen lance at wildrockies.org
Thu Sep 17 20:28:24 EDT 2015

http://www.capradio.org/articles/2015/09/17/us-forest-service-prevents-its-own-scientist-from-talking-about-study/
--
  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
"Whereas any one line of evidence may be weak in itself, a number of
lines of evidence, taken together and found to be consistent,
reinforce one another exponentially."

"What one can say with confidence is that success in understanding
the oxygen cycle of the biosphere in truly broad terms will depend on
how good we are at weaving together the related strands of
biospheric, atmospheric, hydrospheric and lithospheric evolution
throughout geologic time. Whatever we may conjecture about any one of
these processes must be consistent with what is known about the
others.

Preston Cloud and Aharon Gibor. The Oxygen Cycle.
Scientific American, September 1970