[MCN] Just Money: Banking as if Society Mattered

Jenny Mish jenny at one4alldevelopment.com
Fri Apr 22 16:03:57 EDT 2016

I’m writing to spread the word about a free 5-week online course that I’ll be attending as part of a global community, with an optional local small group component here in Missoula.

The course is called Just Money: Banking as if Society Mattered. It introduces the core principles of “just banking,” with innovative models of banks that operate “differently” to address social and ecological challenges.

It is being offered by MIT’s EDx and the Presenting Institute. Last fall, 30,000 people from around the world attended their class called ULab: Transforming Business, Society, and Self. About 20 of us from Missoula attended that class, including weekly coaching circles. It will be offered again next fall.

Just Money: Banking as if Society Mattered has just started this week. No finance background is needed to participate. It is expected to take 2-4 hrs/wk for 5 weeks. A certificate of completion is available for $49 (optional).

To learn more and enroll, click here <https://www.edx.org/course/just-money-banking-if-society-mattered-mitx-11-405x> (https://www.edx.org/course/just-money-banking-if-society-mattered-mitx-11-405x <https://www.edx.org/course/just-money-banking-if-society-mattered-mitx-11-405x>).

To participate in a coaching circle in Missoula, please contact me directly as soon as possible. Our first meeting will be April 27-May 3 at a time that works best for all. It would be great to build local knowledge about banking innovations from around the world.

Good things,

Jenny Mish

Jenny Mish
jenny at one4alldevelopment.com