[MCN] 350 Missoula is hiring

Jeffrey J. Smith yswolfhowl at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 15:53:57 EDT 2016

*350 Missoula is hiring an organizer* on contract to implement an ambitious
two-month climate action plan. This is a part-time, 12-week contract.

Montana is ground zero for new fossil fuel development, and we believe
carefully considered resistance is imperative.

We are an affiliate of the international organization, 350.org, and we work
to reduce atmospheric CO2 concentrations to 350 ppm by implementing
strategic actions and advocating policies to end fossil fuel burning with
the greatest urgency.  We envision a rapid conversion to 100 percent
renewable energy using wind, water, and solar.  We work with allies in the
grassroots climate movement to achieve these goals and safeguard Earth’s
life-support system.

The contract entails working closely with our leadership team to organize
meetings and activities geared to a large demonstration in mid-October.
Experience in social media, press relations, and community outreach would
be helpful.

You must also have a big heart and a desire to make a difference. Contact
Jeff, 406-880-8320 or yswolfhowl at gmail.com.