[MCN] Wonderful rental for UM faculty member/grad student or other respectful professional

Mina May missminamay at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 21:56:52 EDT 2016

*4 bedroom/2.5 bath home in Pattee Canyon for $1750/month (See attached pdf
for pictures)*
Best location in all of Missoula! Hike right from the back door and enjoy
watching wildlife from the kitchen window! Our cozy 4 bed/ 2.5 bath home is
only minutes from campus (a bike-able 3 miles), yet has the feel of
secluded wilderness living. This home was built by my grandparents in 1955
and is situated on 40 beautiful wooded acres surrounded by public land
(recently donated by our family to the City of Missoula). My wife and I
recently bought the house from the family, but work commitments require our
presence in Hawaii for the foreseeable future, so we’re renting out the
beloved homestead. We’re looking for a faculty member/graduate student or
professional couple/family that will appreciate living in this unique
natural setting and love it like we do! Due to certain aspects of its
location/infrastructure (i.e. driveway conditions in the winter), living
here is not for the faint of heart, but immensely peaceful and rewarding
for those who do!

The House: 2200 sq.ft, single level. Huge living room with rock fireplace,
separate dining room, kitchen, laundry room/half bath, master bedroom with
attached full bath, heated two car garage, delicious well-water (no water
bill), several major infrastructure upgrades (new propane furnace, water
heater, good roof, new powerline), stays very cool in the summer. Owners
(us) will maintain small separate basement studio/storage room as a place
to lay our heads when rarely visiting family in Missoula (tenant will have
the place to themselves 99% of the time).

Renter Requirements:
Must appreciate 1950’s ranch house décor! Must be very clean,
conscientious, and understand how to keep a home in good shape. MUST have 4
wheel drive vehicles to navigate the 1⁄2 mile road in the winter (2wd will
simply not make it up the road). Prefer no pets, but for the right person a
dog could be ok. Being handy and outdoorsy is a plus.

You pay: Electricity, internet, winter road maintenance, lawn care (or DIY)
Included: Garbage service, water, One 1600gal propane fill per lease period
(sufficient to heat for one winter season). Any consumption beyond 1600
gallons is the responsibility of the tenant to pay.

--
Mina May
Cell: 406.546.6761
Email: missminamay at gmail.com