[MCN] 1st Annual Homeless Persons' Memorial Day

Theresa Williams theresa at missoulaunitedway.org
Mon Dec 19 16:45:56 EST 2016

Please join us for our 1st Annual Homeless Persons' Memorial Day this
Wednesday, December 21st, at 5:30 p.m. We will be meeting on the courthouse
front lawn, near the gazebo. Please feel free to distribute and post the
attached flyer at your respective agencies.

We are excited to announce that the City and County of Missoula have each
approved a proclamation designating December 21st, the longest night of the
year, as "Homeless Persons' Memorial Day." The proclamation will be read
tonight at the City Council meeting; join us there for the first reading,
soon after 7 p.m. Mayor Engen will also read the city proclamation at the
memorial, as well.

The memorial will include live music, a candle light vigil and hot soup and
beverages. We will also be reading the names of homeless individuals that
have died in past years.

Theresa Williams, LCSW

Reaching Home Coordinator

United Way of Missoula County