[MCN] Climate and Health events in March - Climate Smart Missoula

Amy Cilimburg amy at climatesmartmissoula.org
Thu Mar 3 12:32:03 EST 2016

Join us tonight for *Climate Smart's Monthly Meetup*.

The first Thursday of each month we get together with partners at Imagine
Nation Brewing <http://imaginenationbrewing.com/> from 5 - 7 pm in the
Community Room. We feature 1 of our 12 "Buckets" or focal areas from the
Community Climate Smart Action Plan. This month it's "Healthy, Thriving
Community" -- gather for conversation, and learn more about the nexus of
climate and health and our community's response. There will be a short
presentation at 5:45 pm. All welcome. Learn more here
<http://www.missoulaclimate.org/happenings--calendar.html>.

*And save these mid-March dates:*

*Climate, Health and Humanities: a community conversation*

ALL EVENTS FREE AND OPEN TO PUBLIC

Details at Climate Smart Missoula
<http://www.missoulaclimate.org/climate-health-and-humanities.html>

<http://www.missoulaclimate.org/climate-health-and-humanities.html>

Co-sponsors: Institute for Health and Humanities at the University of
Montana, Climate Smart Missoula, and the American Lung Association of the
Mountain Pacific

   - Tuesday, March 15. What does climate change have to do with heart
   health? Presentation by Mark Vossler, MD, Washington Physicians for Social
   Responsibility. 6 pm. MCT Center for the Performing Arts meeting room, 200
   N Adams. Light refreshments provided. Let us know you're coming via
   facebook <https://www.facebook.com/events/813981532045183/>.
   - Wednesday, March 16. Taking it in: climate change, emotion, and
   humanities. Presentation by SueEllen Campbell, PhD, Colorado State
   University.  Followed by remarks about climate and health implications by
   Missoula's Beth Schenk, RN, PhD. 7 pm, Univ. of Montana's Gallagher
   Business Building, room 106. Join and invite your friends via facebook
   <https://www.facebook.com/events/971654976262632/>.
   - Saturday, March 19. Two events:

   - WORKSHOP.  Body and Soul: writing about health and climate change, led
      by John Calderazzo, PhD and SueEllen Campbell, PhD, Colorado
State U. 9-11
      am. MSO Hub 140 N. Higgins. Please RSVP via facebook
      <https://www.facebook.com/events/784971158302057/>, directly via
this google
      link
      <https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1s_SJV6Zh8xD2Rlorr2EGhC0_M0AjzuEKaCgSUVyGanc/viewform>
      or to Jan VanRiper <IHH at mso.umt.edu>so we can plan accordingly.

      - AN EVENING OF FOOD, DRINK, CONVERSATION & A MOVIE: *The Wisdom to
      Survive*. Roxy Theater; 6:00 - 8:00 pm. Remarks by Climate Smart
      Missoula's Amy Cilimburg to follow. Light food and beverages
provided. facebook
      is here. <https://www.facebook.com/events/919283108190254/>

We look forward to seeing you at these events - please share this email
with your friends and colleagues.

Questions?  Contact Jan VanRiper <IHH at mso.umt.edu> (406-459-8441) or Amy
Cilimburg <amy at climatesmartmissoula.org> (406-465-1141)

--