[MCN] Climate-smart agriculture/forestry: 1st year progress report

Lance Olsen lance at wildrockies.org
Thu May 19 11:17:22 EDT 2016

Last April, Secretary Vilsack announced the USDA's Building Blocks
for Climate Smart Agriculture and Forestry. This implementation plan
and progress report gives an update on the building blocks framework.

It outlines the goals for each building block, describes recent USDA
actions to help farmers, ranchers, and forestland owners respond to
climate change, and gives details of the implementation plans for
each of the building blocks.

The report can be found
at http://www.usda.gov/documents/building-blocks-implementation-plan-progress-report.pdf.

More information on the building blocks, including the case studies,
can be found here:http://usda.gov/climate-smart.html.

"Once we finally reach a decision we are relieved to have the
uncertainly of decision making behind us. And now somebody turns up
and tells us things that call the wisdom of that decision into
question again." (pp. 99-100)

Dietrich Dorner. The Logic of Failure: Recognizing and Avoiding Error
in Complex Situations.
1989 in German by Rowolt Verlag GMBH.
1996 in English by Metropolitan Books, Perseus Books.