[MCN] Not fire alone: Climate forced into change --> rivers forced into change

Lance Olsen lance at wildrockies.org
Mon Aug 14 10:35:34 EDT 2017

Public Release: 14-Aug-2017
Urban floods intensifying, countryside drying up
UNIVERSITY OF NEW SOUTH WALES
Drier soils and reduced water flow in rural areas -- but more intense rainfall that overwhelms infrastructure and causes flooding and stormwater overflow in urban centers. That's the finding of an exhaustive study of the world's river systems, based on data collected from more than 43,000 rainfall stations and 5,300 river monitoring sites across 160 countries, which appears in the latest issue of the journal Scientific Reports.

JOURNAL
Scientific Reports
 <https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2017-08/uons-ufi081417.php>https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-017-08481-1 <https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-017-08481-1>

"The academic community inadvertently made a mistake by introducing climate change using mind numbing scientific details.
To truly understand what is happening all one needs to worry about is the concentration of carbon in the atmosphere.
Carbon in the atmosphere is the earth’s thermostat. Period."

Editorial
The Maritime Executive
We Can Fix Climate Change If We First Fix Congress
https://maritime-executive.com/editorials/we-can-fix-climate-change-if-we-first-fix-congress