[MCN] A rant on fire: What do we most need to "manage"?

Jeff Juel jeffjuel at wildrockies.org
Thu Aug 24 23:46:11 EDT 2017

"Harvesting trees to manage fire can make some difference, how much is
debatable, but it’s a false hope if we can’t/don’t/won’t also push hard
for harvest of the energy we can get from solar and wind."

Agreed that fossil fuel combustion must end, Lance. However the idea of
manipulating forest "fuels" to control fire is industry propaganda, pure
and simple.  And as scientists have modeled, forests--even subject to
fire--sequester more carbon when left unlogged.