[MCN] Home ReSource is looking for Spontaneous Construction volunteers

Katie Neskey kneskey at homeresource.org
Wed Aug 30 16:00:22 EDT 2017

It's almost time for Missoula's annual festival of creative
reinvention! *Spontaneous
Construction takes place on Saturday, September 16 at Home ReSource.* SponCon
is the nittiest, grittiest, smashinest, bashinest, clangenest, bangenest,
creativist, barbaloot-savinest party in town! In addition to a building
competition, local food vendors and family-friendly activities kick in at 11
a.m. and musicians perform all day long!

*Would you like to volunteer at Spontaneous Construction?* Here is the link
to more information and how to sign up:
http://www.volunteermissoula.org/need/detail/?need_id=282215

We need volunteers to help set up on *Thursday** and Friday*, volunteers on
*Saturday *to help with kids activities (Paint-a-Door! Spin Art! Doodads!),
parking, selling drinks and merchandise, and some super stellar volunteers
to help with clean-up on *Sunday*.

   - *As a token of our gratitude*, volunteers who complete one entire
   shift (most are 2 hours long) on the day of the event get a commemorative
   SponCon 2017 t-shirt and a drink ticket good for a soda, water, or beer
   (21+)
   - Those who sign up for two or more shifts (prep days included) will be
      given one drink ticket for each additional shift they volunteer
      - Dinner will be provided for Thursday and Friday Volunteers
      - Saturday volunteers can also expect to enjoy goodies from Bernice's
      Bakery, coffee from Black Coffee Roasting Co., and pizza from Biga pizza
      - We have something special in store for Sunday Volunteers

   - We ask that all volunteers *attend a Volunteer Orientation* on
   Thursday 9/14 from 5:30 - 6 p.m. We will serve pizza and beverages and a
   pre-SponCon set-up volunteer opportunity will follow

Thanks for helping us put on an awesome community event, and let me know if
you have any questions!

--
Katie Neskey
Operations Coordinator