[MCN] Will our TV weather reporters notice this change?

Lance Olsen lance at wildrockies.org
Sun Dec 17 08:09:19 EST 2017

Insurance Journal  December 14, 2017

Scientists Blame Extreme Weather, Heat on Man-Made Climate Change
https://www.insurancejournal.com/news/international/2017/12/14/474127.htm <https://www.insurancejournal.com/news/international/2017/12/14/474127.htm>
By Jim Efstathiou Jr. <https://www.insurancejournal.com/author/jim-efstathiou-jr/>

Excerpts
Scientists are a careful lot, and while there’s been plenty of others who’ve blamed the changing climate for weather events, this is the first time the American Meteorological Society has definitively linked the two phenomena.

The report “marks a fundamental change,” said Jeff Rosenfeld, editor-in-chief of the bulletin. “We’re experiencing new weather, because we’ve made a new climate.”

Full article here:
https://www.insurancejournal.com/news/international/2017/12/14/474127.htm <https://www.insurancejournal.com/news/international/2017/12/14/474127.htm>

“Undoing the Clean Power Plan could be just the beginning   …   Also in the crosshairs are many other environmental statutes passed in the 1970s,
such as the National Environmental Policy Act, the Clean Water Act, the Endangered Species Act, and the Safe Drinking Water Act.”

“Preservation of these statutes must not get lost in the potential clamor over the Clean Power Plan. They are the foundation of environmental policy
and were the response to dangerous environmental degradation. With hostility toward these regulations at the federal level, vigilant focus on these
laws is required at the state and local level as well as by the broader public.”

Rood, R. B. (2016), Take the long view on environmental issues in the age of Trump
Eos, 97,doi:10.1029/2016EO063609. Published on 01 December 2016.
https://eos.org/opinions/take-the-long-view-on-environmental-issues-in-the-age-of-trump