[MCN] Event Listing inquiry

Emily Kaplan emilykaplan94 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 17:59:55 EST 2017

The YWCA GUTS! program is piloting a new program called GRIT this spring.  It is for middle school aged girls who are interested in exploring trade work through hands on learning.  We would love to have an event listing for this program through your outlet.  Let me now if there is any problem.  I have pasted the blurb we would like to share below.

Thanks,
-Emily Kaplan (BSW Intern @ GUTS!)

The YWCA Missoula GUTS! program is offering a unique, new opportunity for middle school-aged girls called GRIT, orgirls representing in trades! The program, which will run during MCPS spring break Monday, March 20th through Friday, March 24th, from 9:00am to 5:00pm each day, will focus on learning the basics of various trades and empowering young girls to explore skill based work as attainable and feasible careers- anything from construction, to auto mechanics, to welding. We hope to create a fun, hands-on experience that will give girls the confidence to challenge society’s norms and always be true to themselves.

This program is open to all 6th, 7th and 8th grade students who identify with girlhood or womanhood and feel GRIT could be beneficial or enjoyable to them. Deadline for GRIT registration is March 13th, 2017! To register, complete this form <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Q97GO1BvGZL9r2yOAo9b84gliFRPRnp-DhTGy2KmgZU/edit?usp=sharing>.Feel free to email Margaret at mhoyt at ywcaofmissoula.org <mailto:mhoyt at ywcaofmissoula.org> with any questions!