[MCN] Fwd: FW: Rally for public lands! Join us in Helena on Jan. 30

John Meyer John at cottonwoodlaw.org
Mon Jan 9 17:34:22 EST 2017

Hey Missoula,

I hope this finds you well.

I wanted to pass this Public Lands Rally flyer along.

Protecting our public lands from privatization is the one thing that cuts
through all of the politics associated with conservation.

I got booted from the Bozone listserv several months ago for being too
political... :)  Cottonwood would appreciate it If someone could forward
this to the Bozone if it hasn't already been posted.

Thanks to MWA for putting this together.

[image: Montana Wilderness Association]
<http://salsa4.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=AXKXyAR76IAdALME1cgf0Grt9aSbJVnu>

*Rally for Public Lands!*

*Join us at the capitol in Helena at noon on January 30 *

Hi Glenn,

Our public lands are under attack.

On Tuesday, the House of Representatives passed a rule change
<http://salsa4.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=We%2F%2BazEWyTPqykkLqntjeXhWODjV4Kmr>
that would make it easier for Congress to not just sell off our public
lands, but to give them away. Montana Congressman Ryan Zinke, our likely
next secretary of Interior, voted for the measure.

This comes a few days after Montana state Senator Jennifer Fielder
submitted two joint resolution drafts in the legislature, one calling for a
study of transfering national public lands to the state and the other
calling for outright transfer – the first step in selling off our public
lands.

With the changes brought on by the 2016 election, the threat of losing our
public lands and our outdoor way of life is perhaps now greater than it’s
ever been.

We need to fight back.

*That's why we're holding a Rally for Public Lands
<http://salsa4.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=GXZjNusITHjnI5RhbmqpiWrt9aSbJVnu>
on Monday, January 30 at noon under the State Capitol Rotunda in Helena. *

This is your chance to let our elected officials know that our outdoor way
of life defines who we are as Montanans, and we will always fight back
against any attempts to seize the public lands that enable us to lead that
life.

Join us in sending the message to our state and federal elected officials:
public lands belong in public hands.

Speakers at the rally will include Governor Steve Bullock, mountaineering
legend Conrad Anker, fly fishing guide and TV host Hilary Hutcheson, and
K.C. Walsh, CEO of Simms fishing company.

Please let us know if you can come and if you need a ride.
<http://salsa4.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=YZnAS6EXAmXeuFAGkVm093hWODjV4Kmr>

Also, be sure to sign and forward around a petition in support of public
lands at mtgreatoutdoors.org
<http://salsa4.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=kiFgFWh8nmJ2rnFCXC9MNmrt9aSbJVnu>
.

See you at the rally on January 30!

- *Kayje Booker, MWA state policy director*

Connect with Us

[image: Facebook]
<http://salsa4.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=7roIcnEpag6Fq5Hhh3Y5sWrt9aSbJVnu>[image:
Twitter]
<http://salsa4.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=z8p8nE6W6E8Iw5PGz7Kwgmrt9aSbJVnu>[image:
LinkedIn]
<http://salsa4.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=%2FPMDO%2FRcsQ%2BRf0c3Ufvba2rt9aSbJVnu>[image:
YouTube]
<http://salsa4.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=Qp%2BKWYJDEez44jvOaPNoZWrt9aSbJVnu>[image:
RSS]
<http://salsa4.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=6qtZm306K9Y2XBzQqmQ05mrt9aSbJVnu>[image:
Donate]
<http://salsa4.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=P6Hx95IdiTqPy1QFz708jWrt9aSbJVnu>

Montana Wilderness Association
80 S. Warren
Helena, MT 59601
mwa at wildmontana.org

*Unsubscribe*
<http://salsa4.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=ZceL4tXdf7jd2lEw4MRdTGrt9aSbJVnu>

[image: empowered by Salsa] <http://www.salsalabs.com/?email>

--

<http://www.cottonwoodlaw.org>

John Meyer
Executive Director & General Counsel
Cottonwood Environmental Law Center
P.O. Box 412 Bozeman, MT 59771
John at Cottonwoodlaw.org
(406) 546-0149

The information contained herein is privileged and confidential. If you are
not the intended recipient, you must delete this email and inform the
sender of the error.

www.cottonwoodlaw.org