[MCN] Footnote to forest conservation: Are we getting happier?

Lance Olsen lance at wildrockies.org
Fri Jan 27 20:04:36 EST 2017

"home size" happiness    About 232,000 results (0.58 seconds)

Law and Happiness - Page 119 - Google Books Result
https://books.google.com/books?isbn=0226676021
Eric A. Posner,  Cass R. Sunstein - 2010 -  Law
2004; Blanchflower and Oswald 2004a, 2004b), we
predict that people in the short-commute society
will be happier. The trade-off between home size
and ...

Ideal home: small, green, paid-for - tribunedigital-orlandosentinel
Jun 14, 2010 - In the housing-happiness chapter,
she details how to purchase and pay off ... have
indicators begun pointing to a contraction in
new-home size.

10 ways a smaller home will make us happier - ThinkSaveRetire.com
Feb 3, 2016 - With an average home size of over
2600 square feet, our ... and I am convinced that
a much smaller dwelling will flat out make us
happier, and ...

Top 10 Benefits of Downsizing into a Smaller Home - Freshome.com
2013/07/16/top-10-benefits-of-downsizing-into-a-smaller-home/
Jul 16, 2013 - ... or other life event, rest
assured there's a benefit to decreasing your home
size. ... A smaller home means often leads to a
happier home.

"Real estate website Trulia.com recently reported
that slightly more than half of Americans say
that 1,400 to 2,600 square feet would be their
ideal home size. According to the NAHB, nine of
10 builders are planning or constructing smaller
homes than in the past.

In 2010, the average new home size dropped to
2,377 square feet and by 2015, the average newly
built home is predicted to measure just 2,140
square feet. Even in more affluent areas,
builders are beginning to construct model homes
that are one-third smaller than what they were
building just a few years ago.

" 'Small is beautiful' is back in vogue," remarks
Andrew Gates, a Sotheby's International Realty
real estate broker in Salisbury, Connecticut.
'The simplicity aesthetic is more prevalent after
what we've been through the past few years.'"

http://www.naturalawakeningsmag.com/Natural-Awakenings/November-2012/House-Happiness/

" Š. the earth's atmosphere is so thoroughly
mixed and so rapidly recycled through the
biosphere that the next breath you inhale will
contain atoms exhaled by Jesus at Gethsemane and
Adolf Hitler at Munich."

Preston Cloud and Aharon Gibor. "The Oxygen Cycle."
Scientific American, September 1970