[MCN] Update on Polar Bear Trips

Shannon Donahue gbf at greatbear.org
Tue Jun 20 17:33:29 EDT 2017

The Great Bear Foundation is updating the logistics on our summer and fall
arctic ecology field courses in Churchill, Manitoba, due to catastrophic
flooding that wiped out the railroad.  Participants will now need to fly
to Churchill.  We've adjusted the dates and price of the trips to reflect
these changes, and participants will be responsible for their own travel
(we can help with logistics).

More information on the trips and how to register at
http://greatbear.org/field-courses/

Berries, Belugas and Bears: Summer arctic ecology field course
August 15-19, peak Beluga whale season
Price: $2,000
Includes tuition, accommodations, and meals
All participants are eligible for Continuing Education Units through
Salish Kootenai College

Sharing Habitat with Polar Bears: how humans and bears coexist
October 31-Nov 4, peak polar bear season
Price: $2,100
Includes Includes tuition, accommodations, and meals
All participants are eligible for Continuing Education Units through
Salish Kootenai College
Undergraduate/Graduate Credit options available in Environmental Studies
from the University of Montana with added assignments

Polar Bears 101: Introduction to Polar Bear Ecology
Nov 7-11, peak polar bear season
Price: $2,100
Includes Includes tuition, accommodations, and meals
All participants are eligible for Continuing Education Units through
Salish Kootenai College
Undergraduate/Graduate Credit options available in Environmental Studies
from the University of Montana with added assignments

Montana residents are eligible for 10% off our trips through the month of
June--mention this email.

Great Bear Foundation
Northern Office
PO Box 1616