[MCN] Healthcare and climate change

Lance Olsen lance at wildrockies.org
Mon Jun 26 15:03:02 EDT 2017

"All organisms live within a limited range of body temperatures."

Hans O. Pörtner and Anthony P. Farrell. Physiology and Climate Change.
SCIENCE 31 OCTOBER 2008
“  … organisms have a physiological response to temperature, and these responses have important consequences."

Anthony I. Dell, Samraat Pawar and Van M. Savage, Temperature dependence of trophic interactions are driven by asymmetry of species responses and foraging strategy.
Journal of Animal Ecology 2013
“Our results suggest that, globally, a third of oil reserves, half of gas reserves and over 80 per cent of current coal reserves should remain unused from 2010 to 2050 in order to meet the target of 2C.”

Christophe McGlade & Paul Ekins. The geographical distribution of fossil fuels unused when limiting global warming to 2C.

Nature. January 8 2015
2004 --"Between 1C and 2C increases in global mean temperatures most species, ecosystems and landscapes will be impacted and adaptive capacity will become limited."

Rik Leemans and Bas Eickhout. Another reason for concern: regional and global impacts on ecosystems for different levels of climate change. Global Environmental Change 14 (2004) 219–228