[MCN] missoula permaculture: in person or on video

paul wheaton paul at richsoil.com
Tue May 2 11:19:20 EDT 2017

Hi MCN.

I know the list has a lot of info about the problems we face.   I try
to focus a bit more on things we can do in our backyards to mend the
big problems.    Just real quick:

Switching from electric heat to a rocket mass heater reduces your
carbon footprint more than parking seven cars.

Hugelkultur not only directly sequesters carbon, but it makes for a
garden that needs zero irrigation.

I'm hosting a two week permaculture design course, immediately
followed by a two week appropriate technology course starting in a few
weeks, just outside of missoula.  At first, the tickets were all sold
out, and people asked for some video, so we are now going to make the
video available.

So, for the last two tickets and info on what is about to happen in
your back yard:

https://richsoil.com/pdc.jsp

And for information on our video thing ... this is my sixth successful
kickstarter.  It was funded in 22 hours - a new record for me:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/paulwheaton/live-stream-permaculture-design-course-and-app-tec?ref=2gxbwd

Oh, and this is a special link.   In a way, the "2gxbwd" part says
"MCN list".   For whatever coin this link brings to the kickstarter, I
will give 20% to the MCN list.  Because it's a damn good list!

On a slightly related note ...  we have a "permaculture bootcamp"
program.  Maybe some people on this list would be interested.  Come
for a week or a couple of months.  The last few weeks have featured a
lot of round wood timber framing:

https://permies.com/t/65315
https://permies.com/t/65018
https://permies.com/t/59706

Maybe we'll see a few of you out here .... or maybe you'll see us!  :)

--

Sign up for my daily-ish email, or my devious plots for world
domination:  http://richsoil.com/email