[MCN] Snd press release: Oct 15 Jeannette Rankin Peace Party

Kim maynard.kim00 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 7 12:02:35 EDT 2017

For Immediate Release

2017 Peace Party Scheduled for Sunday October 15, 3 - 7 pm in the Home Arts Building at Missoula County Fairgrounds

Contact: Betsy Mulligan-Dague, peace at jrpc.org <mailto:peace at jrpc.org> or 543-3955

The Jeannette Rankin Peace Center invites the entire community to whoop it up at the 2017 Peace Party. Appropriate to these times, this year’s theme is “Peace it Together.” We invite you to wear your party attire and join us for an evening of fun-filled mingling. Homestead Organics will offer a gourmet meal with help from local growers and businesses. Beer and wine is included in your ticket as well as a kid’s corner and entertainment by the Shenanigans and the Montana Women’s Chorus. This year we will be joined by many of the nonprofits that work with us to make this community better.

Our silent auction boasts a variety of fine goods and services reflecting our generous Missoula community, including a cast aluminum, life-size mountain lion and lots more. You can also win some amazing prizes in our raffle, such as a one-day float trip on the Blackfoot River for two replete with a shore lunch.

And of course, in the live auction, you can bid on one of our celebrated international dinners featuring outstanding local chefs, including Afternoon Tea, Assyrian, Eritrean, Fair Trade, French, Greek, Indian, Irish, Lobster, a No Bet's Feast, pasta and Politics, Thai, Turkish, two different around-the-world choices, and Whole 30. And to top it off, as a special auction item, we will be raising money to put something else together -- something that has been in 9 pieces around town since it came down in 2001!

Come celebrate being part of this vibrant community with us. Please call 543-3955 if you’d like to donate items or to volunteer. Tickets are still an excellent bargain at $40/individual, $60/couple or $70/family and $10 less for JRPC members—this includes drinks, dinner, live entertainment, silent and live auctions, and children’s entertainment. You can also purchase a table of 10 for just $300 and have your own special celebration with some special treatment. ​Go to http://jrpc.org/ <http://jrpc.org/> ​for more information and to purchase tickets ​or stop by the Center at 519 S. Higgins on the Hip Strip. ​Questions? Call us at 543-3955.

Thanks to our sponsors The Good Food Store, Anderson Zurmuehlen, the Missoula Independent and Imagine Nation Brewing!