[MCN] After the fires, who do you sue?

Lance Olsen lance at wildrockies.org
Mon Sep 25 10:16:45 EDT 2017

Portuguese children to crowdfund European climate change case ... <https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/sep/25/portuguese-children-crowdfund-european-climate-change-case-sue-47-countries>
The Guardian 15h ago
Group from region hit by deadly forest fires to sue 47 countries alleging failure to tackle climate change threatens their right to life

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/sep/25/portuguese-children-crowdfund-european-climate-change-case-sue-47-countries <https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/sep/25/portuguese-children-crowdfund-european-climate-change-case-sue-47-countries>

—————————————————————————————————————————————
"The greatest disturbances of which we are aware are those now being introduced by man himself.
Since his tampering with the biological and geochemical balances may ultimately prove injurious —
even fatal -- to himself, he must understand them better than today."

Bert Bolin. "The Carbon Cycle."

Scientific American, September 1970

"We still live in a world on a path to 3 or 4 °C global warming, waiting to finally turn the tide of rising emissions.
At this point, debating whether we have 0.2 °C more or less to go until we reach 1.5 °C is an academic discussion
at best, a distraction at worst. The big issue is that we need to see falling emissions globally very very soon if we
even want to stay well below 2 °C. That was agreed as the weaker goal in Paris in a consensus by 195 nations.
It is high time that everyone backs this up with actions, not just words.”

 Stephan Rahmstorf. Is there really still a chance for staying below 1.5 °C global warming?

http://www.realclimate.org/index.php/archives/2017/09/is-there-really-still-a-chance-for-staying-below-1-5-c-global-warming/