[MCN] Dharma Teacher Don Handrick Teaches in Missoula, Sept. 26 - Oct. 1

Osel Shen Phen Ling oselshenphenling at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 14:13:10 EDT 2017

Hello Missoula!

Local Tibetan Buddhist center Osel Shen Phen Ling couldn't be happier to
once again welcome the wonderful Don Handrick to Missoula for a week of
practical Buddism for modern life! Don is a lay teacher with an amazing
grasp of traditional Buddhist texts and meditation techniques that people
of all traditions can use to improve their lives and relationships.

Beginning tonight, Tuesday, Sept. 26 we'll have a three-night series of
evening discussions, all beginning at 7pm at OSPL, 441 Woodworth Ave.
Tonight we'll start with the topic, Developing the Peaceful Heart.
Wednesday night we'll continue with Adopting an Attitude of Gratitude. Then
Thursday we'll discuss Working with Fear in life and spiritual practice.
All evening sections will feature a talk followed by question and answer
and discussion. Evening sessions will end about 8:30pm.

On Friday at 12pm, Don will join OSPL members for our weekly Green Tara
Puja, a practice honoring the female Buddha, followed by a light vegetarian
lunch.

Then, on Saturday and Sunday, we'll be holding a mini-retreat entitled The
Joy of Letting Go: Using Wisdom to Change Our Lives. The retreat runs from
10am-3pm on Saturday and 10am-Noon on Sunday. You are welcome to bring a
vegetarian dish to share on Saturday for potluck lunch.

A teacher with growing popularity around the globe, Don is a graduate of
the Foundation for the Preservation of the Mahayana Tradition's 7-year
Master of Buddhist Studies program and has been resident teacher at Thubten
Norbu Ling in Santa Fe, NM since 2006. He's renowned for his deep knowledge
and easy going teaching style. Visit our website, www.fpmt-osel.org, or our
Facebook page for a full list and description of events, or email us at
oselshenphenling at gmail.com for more information.

There is a suggested donation of $15 for each event or $100 for all events.
All events take place at Osel Shen Phen Ling, 441 Woodworth Ave.

Hope to see you at one or all of these great events!

Big Love,

Bill Pfeiffer
Spiritual Program Coodinator
Osel Shen Phen Ling

--
*Osel Shen Phen Ling*
441 Woodworth Ave.
oselshenphenling at gmail.com
www.fpmt-osel.org

*Osel Shen Phen Ling means "Land of Clear Light Benefiting Others" in
Tibetan. We are a Buddhist center practicing Buddhadharma in the Tibetan
Gelug tradition and based in Missoula, MT, USA.  OSPL is an affiliated
center within the Foundation for the Preservation of the Mahayana Tradition
(FPMT), a world-wide organization under the direction of Kyabje Lama Zopa
Rinpoche.  Find out more at www.fpmt-osel.org <http://www.fpmt-osel.org>
and www.fpmt.org <http://www.fpmt.org>.*