[MCN] Explorations in Improvised Music Class starts tomorrow (Monday, January 29)

Naomi Moon Siegel naomi.siegel at gmail.com
Sun Jan 28 20:18:19 EST 2018

Explore musical improvisation with Naomi Siegel
<http://naomimoonsiegel.com/> - trombonist, composer, and educator. Develop
improvisation skills for any musical context in a nurturing environment.

Using creative limitations and techniques to build listening awareness,
participants walk away from this workshop with an increased connection to
making music and new ways to practice individually and in ensembles. No
prior improvisation experience necessary.

Mondays, 7:30-9:00pm

Jan. 29 – Mar. 19

Wave & Circuit on The Hip Strip

829 S. Higgins

$240 for 8-week series (payment due by 1/29)

$35/class to drop in*

"This class has been a rich and wonderful experience... I am HEARING
differently these days and can't say enough how fortunate we are to have
Naomi in Missoula!" -  Beth Youngblood (Violinist, Singer, Missoula Chapter
of the Montana Women's Chorus Director)

*Classes include:* Sonic Meditations by Pauline Oliveros, improvisation
games, improvising with drones, exploring the feminine principle in
improvisation, improvising in the context of certain genres, improvising in
small and large groups

*Who: *This class is for adults, high school age and older. Participants
must have at least a year of proficiency on their instruments. Vocalists
are welcome!

*To register, or for questions: lakebottomsound at gmail.com
<lakebottomsound at gmail.com> 617.290.0639 <(617)%20290-0639>*

*scholarships available