[MCN] Wilderness Institute's Citizen Science Program Offering Four Volunteer Trips to Lee Metcalf Wilderness!

Gerloff, Lisa lisa.gerloff at umontana.edu
Thu Jun 14 16:44:47 EDT 2018

The Wilderness Institute - Citizen Science Program, in partnership with the Custer Gallatin National Forest and thanks to a grant from the National Wilderness Stewardship Alliance<http://www.wildernessalliance.org/> , is seeking volunteers to work with experienced field leaders to conduct social encounter monitoring, campsite monitoring and mapping of social trails in the Lee Metcalf Wilderness<https://www.wilderness.net/NWPS/wildView?WID=316>.

We are offering 4 volunteer trips<http://www.cfc.umt.edu/wi/education/citizen-science/volunteer.php> to the Lee Metcalf Wilderness. Our first trip will be departing July 12th, so please sign up soon<http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/2087481/Wilderness-Institute-Citizen-Science-Program-Volunteer-Application-Form>!
As always, our trips are free and open to the public and entail the following:

  *   6-day backpacking trips;
  *   Opportunity to learn about wilderness character and  monitoring methods;
  *   Backcountry experience is helpful (please review specific trip descriptions to pick the right trip for your ability level);
  *   Dinners provided daily; and
  *   Transportation is available from Missoula as well as selected towns in study vicinity.
Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.
Lisa Gerloff
Program Director, Wilderness Insitute - Citizen Science
W.A. Franke College of Forestry and Conservation, University of Montana
406.243.6936; www.cfc.umt.edu/wi<http://www.cfc.umt.edu/wi>