[MCN] Zinke

Lance Olsen lance at wildrockies.org
Thu Jun 28 10:13:23 EDT 2018

Excerpt: Under Zinke, the employee said, policy debate has dried up: “We’re supposed to provide back-and-forth perspective, so that you make the best decision based on science and based on the law. But that’s a pretty big struggle right now.”

The employee went on, “I hunt and fish—I’m actually kind of a redneck. But I believe in the public good and public land. When Trump talks his b.s. about the ‘deep state,’ that’s who he’s referring to. I totally reject that kind of characterization.
That’s how these guys see it: if you’re not a tool of the most high-powered lobbyists in Washington or following orders, then they really don’t want you around.”

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2018/05/21/trump-vs-the-deep-state <https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2018/05/21/trump-vs-the-deep-state>

“… the serious meaning in a concept lies in the difference it will make to someone if it is true.”

William James (1842 –1910)
Pragmatism. Meridian Books, 1955