[MCN] Fr. Jim Hogan Search For Peace Award

Jeannette Rankin Peace Center peace at jrpc.org
Mon Mar 5 14:37:51 EST 2018

The Jeannette Rankin Peace Center will be hosting its annual Search for
Peace. This year we are asking you to submit nominations for young people
age 5 to 18 who are exemplifying what peacemaking is all about. We are
looking for young people who are walking the walk in their families,
schools and neighborhoods to show us what peace means and what it makes
possible for our community. The deadline for submission is March 30, 2018.
A cash prize will be awarded to the young person who is chosen by a panel
of peers at an event in May. Nominations can be completed online at
https://jrpc.org/programs/search-for-peace-award/ or printed and turned in
to the Jeannette Rankin Peace Center at 519 S. Higgins or via email to
peace at jrpc.org.

The contest is co-sponsored by the JRPC, Empower MT and First Security
Bank. This will be the 17th year of the Search for Peace, first started by
Father Jim Hogan of Missoula in 2001. “We must seek peace, nurture peace,
teach peace, and express peace in our daily lives,” said Hogan. The award
is a way of giving young people the opportunity to teach and inspire us
with their vision of what peace is.

More information is available at the center or by email at peace at jrpc.org or
by phone at 406-543-3955 <(406)%20543-3955>.

Betsy Mulligan-Dague, Executive Director
Jeannette Rankin Peace Center
...working to build a world that is nonviolent, socially just and
environmentally sustainable...
519 S. Higgins
Missoula, MT 59801
Phone: 406-543-3955