[MCN] MCPS Elementary Boundary Study- consolidated option moving forward

Hatton Littman hattonl at mac.com
Wed Apr 3 13:56:52 EDT 2019

As you have seen in the media and heard around town, we presented 17 change options for elementary school boundaries at an open house on Thursday, March 21st.

We have received a lot of public comment since then and our Advisory Committee will analyze that comment and advance a consolidated set of options along with draft procedures for grandfathering in current students. These will be presented to the public next week at our last open house. Wednesday, April 10, 2019, from 6:00 - 8:00 p.m. We will meet in the Russell Elementary School dining room at 3216 Russell Street. There is ample parking in the lot between the school and the YMCA.

All data, maps, summaries of comments, and information on the boundary study can be found at www.mcpsmt.org/elementaryschoolboundarystudy <http://www.mcpsmt.org/elementaryschoolboundarystudy>.

If you want to jump right to the options for boundary adjustments <https://www.mcpsmt.org/Page/13833> presented at our last open house meeting, scroll to the bottom of the page to see the maps under the heading Adjusted Attendance Boundary Map Options - Presented at 3/21 Open House.

Your feedback is important, please help us shape the recommendation presented to trustees in May.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me directly.

Thank you,

Hatton Littman

Communications Director

Missoula County Public Schools