[MCN] Fixit Clinic - April 20!

Jeremy Drake jeremy at homeresource.org
Fri Apr 5 14:49:21 EDT 2019

*Join **Home ReSource <https://www.homeresource.org/> and partners** at
Missoula's first Fixit Clinic.*

Exercise your right to repair!

RSVP on Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/events/2118817998358854/>

*What:* Fixit Clinic

*When:* Saturday, April 20 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.

*Where:* Home ReSource Community Room, 1515 Wyoming St

*Cost:* Free

*Coaching offered:* clothes mending, small engine repair (lawnmowers & weed
eaters), knife sharpening, electrical testing & repair

*Registration encouraged:* http://bit.ly/fixitcheckin
<https://bit.ly/fixitcheckin?fbclid=IwAR1GJebFLcYIG34mnxW5unUUezPK11MyIsBTLk02dnXDix6svEVOmDSGwDA>

*Parking:* Please do not park in the Home ReSource lot, street parking
available

A Fixit Clinic is a "pop-up" event where people bring their broken things
to learn how to repair them. Trying to fix something can be intimidating!
Everyone is welcome, even if you have never even attempted to fix something
before. Volunteer Fixit Coaches can help you repair broken, worn, or
malfunctioning stuff by sharing their knowledge & skills. The result is
technology demystified, more people empowered with simple repair know-how,
and less stuff trashed & replaced.

Fixit Clinics invite us to think critically about our relationship to
consumption and sustainability and demonstrate how repair is a way to
reduce the global burdens related to resource extraction and waste.

This Fixit Clinic will take place during the 13th Annual MUD Project Earth
Day Celebration
<https://missoula.com/events/festivals/mud-s-th-annual-earth-day-celebration/event_505cdb12-2785-11e9-9c79-870d5ecfa1b3.html>
.

*Volunteer Fixit Coaches at this particular event will assist with:*

   -

   Clothes mending
   -

   Small engine repair (lawnmowers & weed eaters)
   -

   Knife sharpening
   -

   Electrical testing & repair
   -

   3D printing as needed for small replacement parts

If you would like to participate please email Noelle at
noelle at homeresource.org, or go to this link to register:
http://bit.ly/fixitcheckin
<https://bit.ly/fixitcheckin?fbclid=IwAR1GJebFLcYIG34mnxW5unUUezPK11MyIsBTLk02dnXDix6svEVOmDSGwDA>
. (Walk-ins are welcome, but registering is preferred.)

*Here are some tips for a successful Fixit experience:*

   -

   Bring the broken item with all parts necessary to recreate the symptoms
   -

   Bring any parts and tools you already own that might be helpful
   -

   Come ready to clearly describe what’s wrong and what you’ve tried
   -

   Come eager to learn and to share your skills and knowledge with others

*Other important stuff:*

   -

   Please understand that we cannot guarantee your item will be repaired;
   not all coaches are experts.
   -

   Please bring carry-in items only (no large appliances, large engines,
   furniture, etc.).
   -

   Hooray for our volunteer Fixit Coaches! Without them this event would
   not be possible. If you are interested in becoming a volunteer Fixit Coach,
   please email Noelle at noelle at homeresource.org

--
Jeremy Drake
Community Engagement Manager