[MCN] Overpopulation (Part 1)

John Meyer john at cottonwoodlaw.org
Mon Aug 12 12:18:18 EDT 2019

Missoula,

I feel comfortable posting this to our community listserv because it is designed to foster conversation regarding conservation.
I never really wanted kids. I didn’t want the responsibility. Now my wife is pregnant with twins. Like most humans with one (or more) children on the way, I am experiencing a whole range of emotions: from joy and anticipation to fear and self-loathing. Why would anyone feel self-loathing about having kids? Well, most scientists agree we have an over-population problem.  I’m an environmental attorney… with a science background. To help combat the feeling of being a hypocrite, I have raised the issue with my wife of being spayed and neutered after our litter of wolverines are born.

 Conversation Starter
		1.     Do you think overpopulation and climate change are Chinese hoaxes?

		2.     If you think overpopulation is a real issue, how do you talk about it with:

-        People in rural areas?

-        Women that want children?

		3.     Do you think technology can solve our over-population problems?

John Meyer
Executive Director & General Counsel
Cottonwood Environmental Law Center
P.O. Box 412 Bozeman, MT 59771
John at Cottonwoodlaw.org
(406) 546-0149

The information contained herein is privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you must delete this email and inform the sender of the error.

Like what we're doing? Click here <http://www.cottonwoodlaw.org/#donate> to donate.