[MCN] Fixit Clinic - Saturday, August 24 @ Home ReSource

Noelle Herring noelle at homeresource.org
Wed Aug 21 17:25:44 EDT 2019

Join Home ReSource <https://www.homeresource.org/> and partners at the next
Fixit Clinic!

What: Fixit Clinic

When: Saturday, August 24th from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.

Where: Home ReSource Community Room, 1515 Wyoming St

Cost: Free

Coaching offered: clothes mending, small engine repair (lawnmowers & weed
eaters), electrical testing & repair

***notice*: coaching offered is subject to change

Registration encouraged: http://bit.ly/fixitcheckin
<https://bit.ly/fixitcheckin?fbclid=IwAR1GJebFLcYIG34mnxW5unUUezPK11MyIsBTLk02dnXDix6svEVOmDSGwDA>

Parking: Please do not park in the Home ReSource lot, street parking
available

Accessibility: ADA accessible, plentiful seating available, restrooms nearby

RSVP on Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/events/1314198982078144/>

A Fixit Clinic is a "pop-up" event where people bring their broken
belongings to learn how to repair them. Trying to fix something can be
intimidating! Everyone is welcome. No repair experience required.
Volunteer Fixit
Coaches will be there to help you.

If you would like to participate please email Noelle at
noelle at homeresource.org, or go to this link to register:
http://bit.ly/fixitcheckin
<https://bit.ly/fixitcheckin?fbclid=IwAR1GJebFLcYIG34mnxW5unUUezPK11MyIsBTLk02dnXDix6svEVOmDSGwDA>
. (Walk-ins are welcome, but registering is preferred.)

Here are some tips for a successful Fixit experience:

   -

   Bring the broken item with all parts necessary to recreate the symptoms
   -

   Bring any parts and tools you already own that might be helpful
   -

   Come ready to clearly describe what’s wrong and what you’ve tried
   -

   Come eager to learn and to share your skills and knowledge with others

Other important stuff:

   -

   Please understand that we cannot guarantee your item will be repaired;
   not all coaches are experts.
   -

   Please bring carry-in items only (no large appliances, large engines,
   furniture, etc.).
   -

   Hooray for our volunteer Fixit Coaches! Without them this event would
   not be possible. If you are interested in becoming a volunteer Fixit Coach
   for future Fixit Clinics, please email Noelle at noelle at homeresource.org

Thanks to our Fixit Clinic partners! Local Indigenous Network Collective
(LINC) <https://www.montanalinc.org/>, Missoula Public Library Makerspace
<https://www.missoulapubliclibrary.org/makerspace>, & MUD
<https://mudproject.org/>. This is a ZERO by FIFTY: Missoula's Pathway to
Zero Waste <http://zerobyfiftymissoula.com/> event.