[MCN] New Workshop Series from Lakebottom Sound - Creative Music Ensemble

Lakebottom Sound lakebottomsound at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 13:21:07 EST 2019

Happy New Year!
Lakebottom Sound is excited to offer a brand new class!
We are now accepting enrollment for our:

Creative Music Ensemble

A 10 week series culminating in a performance at Wave & Circuit
Mondays, January 28 - April 1
7:30-9pm @ Wave & Circuit <https://www.waveandcircuit.com/>(829 S. Higgins)

A small ensemble class focused on the elements of playing music as a
cohesive group. Drawing from jazz and other improvised music traditions, we
will focus on developing musicianship skills like rhythm/groove,
improvisation, listening, interacting, expressing, soloing, accompanying,
dynamics, theory, and phrasing. Throughout the series, we will workshop
several pieces, which students will then perform in a session-end
performance at Wave & Circuit. This ensemble is taught by Naomi Siegel
<http://naomimoonsiegel.com/fullbio/>.

Students must have proficiency on their instrument/voice including being
able to keep time, have some knowledge of all 12 major keys, and be willing
to improvise and listen. Please email lakebottomsound at gmail.com to make
sure you are a good fit for this ensemble. We ask that students commit to
the whole series and come on time.

Fee: $300 for 10 weeks of ensemble classes ending in a performance
(scholarships and sliding scale available)

Registration for this ensemble requires payment in full by the first
meeting of the session (unless special arrangements have been made).
Payments can be made by cash, VenMo (@NaomiMoon) or check (made out to
Naomi Siegel). Tuition not received in full by the first meeting of a
session will incur additional $10 charges per week. Refunds cannot be given
once classes/ensembles have begun.

Naomi Siegel
Founder and Executive Director
Lakebottom Sound