[MCN] Plant ID & Foraging Field Day

Sam Duncan sduncan at ywcaofmissoula.org
Wed Jun 12 14:50:05 EDT 2019

The Plant Identification and Foraging Field Day, a combined effort of the Natural History Center and the YWCA's GRIT program<https://ywcaofmissoula.org/services/girls-empowerment-guts/>, is a one-day workshop during which participants will learn the basics of plant identification and get hands-on experience identifying edible and medicinal plants in the wild and throughout town. We hope that participants will walk away with basic knowledge of how plant ID works, the ability to identify common plants and "weeds", and the enthusiasm to continue their education! This course will be led by experienced botanists, guided by low-impact practices, and taught within the context of Indigenous history and knowledge.

Get more info and register here<https://forms.gle/Xa88Eh98YAzxceAm9>.

When: Thursday, July 18th, 9:00am-5:00pm*
Where: meeting at the Natural History Center, traveling by bus to our foraging location*
Who: Open to girls/women and gender diverse individuals aged 14+. 15 spots available. Some spots are reserved for youth participants aged 14-19.
Cost: suggested donation of $10 (no one will be turned away for lack of funds).
* Exact time and meeting place may change. A detailed agenda, including where we'll be working in the field, will be sent out closer to the day of the workshop!

Sam Duncan | GRIT Coordinator
pronouns: they/them/their
T: 406-543-6691 F: 406-543-6777
E: sduncan at ywcaofmissoula.org<mailto:%20sduncan at ywcaofmissoula.org>

YWCA Missoula
1130 W. Broadway
Missoula, MT  59802
www.ywcaofmissoula.org<http://www.ywcaofmissoula.org/>

Confidentiality Notice: This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message. Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.