[MCN] Hello to Old Missoula @ Ten Spoon Winery May 17th

Jessie Rogers jrogers at missoulacounty.us
Wed May 8 17:09:00 EDT 2019

[cid:image003.jpg at 01D505AF.F637B7C0]

Hello to Old Missoula: Missoula's History through Art
Friday, May 17th from 5:30 to 9:00pm
AT TEN SPOON WINERY & VINEYARD

Did you know there was a Poor Farm in the Rattlesnake from 1880s - 1930s? Ever wonder what it might have been like to live here during the Glacial Lake Missoula era? Or to drive the Strip during the 70s? How about the work involved with making the Big Ditch in 1905?
Join us for this one-of-a-kind fundraiser for your Historical Museum and help choose the next Ten Spoon wine label!
17 local artists have chosen a decade from the mid-1800s onward (with a couple special eras thrown in for fun). Each piece will portray what Missoula and Western Montana was like during that part of our history! Artists will be on site to chat about their work and the research behind them.
Art will be debuted at the event and in the silent auction and YOU can vote for your favorite piece. The winner will be turned into a Ten Spoon wine label with proceeds supporting your Historical Museum!  And don't forget, YOU can take a piece of history home with you.

Additional offerings include:

  *   Silent Auction of these historical art pieces
  *   Live band, Malarkey!
  *   Little known history of the Rattlesnake
  *   Food Truck and Wine
  *   Walking Through the Decades exhibit
  *   Raffle and Wine Pull
  *   Gorgeous views of the Missoula Valley as the backdrop

Tickets can be purchased before the event at The Historical Museum at Fort Missoula or Ten Spoon Winery.
Cash or Check at the door for admittance.
Admission is $8/person $15/couple.
HMFM members and kids 12 and under are free!

Sláinte (To Health!),

Jessie

Jessie Rogers
Development & Communications Director
Historical Museum at Fort Missoula
406-258-3479

"While we are living in the present, we must celebrate life every day, knowing that we are becoming history with every work, every action, every deed."  ---  Mattie Stepanek

Messages and attachments sent to or from this e-mail account may be considered public or private records depending on the message content. Unless otherwise exempted from the public records law, senders and receivers of County email should presume that the email are subject to release upon request. This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient of this transmission, please notify the sender immediately, do not forward the message to anyone, and delete all copies.