[MCN] Please publish this satirical article on the cure for corporate financial greed.

Kari Ann Owen saintbernardlover7 at gmail.com
Tue May 14 22:44:02 EDT 2019

The Day I Almost Robbed a Bank

By

Kari Ann Owen, saintbernardlover7 at gmail.com

@2012

Yesterday, I considered forcing a local bank to forgive my credit card debt
after hearing of a friend’s credit card-related financial collapse. Force
coming from me is inconceivable, because of both disability and morality.

And I grew up hating violence and the criminal underground because of the
places I was forced to walk to get to the library: alcoholics dying in
public parks, pornography on marquees, armed drug dealers fancying
themselves revolutionaries and one friend finding himself with their gun to
his neck. Deaths of many friends from drugs during my younger adulthood
stoked my hatred even more.

In late adulthood, I have found that the enemy has gone to Harvard Business
School, changed clothes and is far less crude than the criminal
underground. But they rule the nation.

Who is the criminal overground? They are the rich monsters who have
designed credit cruelty, foreclosures, bought members of Congress and who
else? and have destroyed my financial integrity and many others’ through
exorbitant interest applied with the enthusiasm of a drunken surgeon,
scalpel in slicing hand. One particular victim is the old friend who put
his cataract surgery on his credit card. This longtime hardworking man
describes himself  “in financial ruin”. I describe it as political tyranny
killing people through creating stresses which would collapse an elephant.

Having participated in mass movements for change, I see non-violent
resistance as the sole possibility for avoiding civil war. If the present
tyranny totters under the pressure of protest, and the criminal overground
and its minions will not reason, grow a heart and create a  just financial
system, what then?

Would a soulless machine inhabiting the Presidency call out the military
and police to kill non-violent protestors? Recall Blackwater, that vicious
mercenary killing agency, from its compound in the American South, not to
the Middle East but to New York and San Francisco?

If the present situation is allowed to continue, the point of civil war
will be reached.

But it can be avoided. My vision for a mass reformation movement is this:

*Credit Card Amnesty Movement*

Objectives:

·  Immediate removal of all interest and other fees to bring the card to
its true balance

·  Immediate negotiation of a payment plan at no more than 3% interest

·  Congressional act forbidding any financial transactions involving more
than 3% interest.

·  Disabled persons, seniors, children and anyone else with less than
adequate earning power should receive complete debt forgiveness.

Strategy: lobby every public official and every banking officer. Point out
to the criminal overground how civil wars begin, and incidents where
justice might have avoided what came after. Tour morgues and graveyards.

If the banking industry and Congress are as merciless and blind as they
seem, or simply properties of an unreformable set of evils created by the
banking industry, then it is time for an effective non-violent mass protest
movement.

Both the French and Russian revolution began with ideals of justice and
rather quickly became killing machines. America does not deserve this.

How to avoid it?

Objective: amnesty goals outlined above

Strategy: no credit card or debt payments at all until the rules are
adjusted for sanity's sake.

Strategy: everyone should bring their dog, the larger the better, to the
bank and demand amnesty. *En masse. *If they get nowhere, the people should
let the dogs run all over the bank. It is recommended that people feed and
water their dogs shortly before the protest.

Order of breed: as an experienced service dog owner who has been able to
train two golden retrievers, a Newfoundland and a Saint Bernard, I
understand that larger breeds gain attention. They also drool, and will not
discriminate between Armani suits and washable athletic wear.

Such protests can take place anywhere, but enclosed structures are safer
for the dogs.

Change or civil war: that is the choice. I do not believe the criminal
overground and their bought friends have the courage to change, because
that would involve imagining human suffering, and justice as an act of
mercy.

But even at age sixty three, I might be too young to give up hope.

--------

Dr. Kari Ann Owen will be 70 on June 10, 2019. She teaches therapeutic
horse back riding and continues to write articles and essays. Please read
her latest article in the *Missoulian *
https://missoulian.com/opinion/letters/suspended-sentence-grossly-inappropriate/article_81c125ba-9c53-54b3-9882-3d1aa3014de5.html

*Please read http://kariannowenandtheatreengage.vpweb.com
<http://kariannowenandtheatreengage.vpweb.com> to keep up with Kari Ann's
theatrical and other writing.Please learn about Wildhorse! Therapeutic
Riding Program at www.wildhorseriding.com <http://www.wildhorseriding.com> *

*Please view my new film, a plea for those most vulnerable lives in the
face of imminent nuclear attack. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqXSVh5a30s
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqXSVh5a30s>"All Present in the Universe of
Guns/Message to the President"*