[MCN] Digital Network Established for Carbon Payments to Farmers

Lance Olsen lance at wildrockies.org
Sat Oct 5 10:25:34 EDT 2019

Digital Network Established for Carbon Payments to Farmers <https://news.google.com/articles/CBMiVmh0dHBzOi8vd3d3LmFncmljdWx0dXJlLmNvbS9kaWdpdGFsLW5ldHdvcmstZXN0YWJsaXNoZWQtZm9yLWNhcmJvbi1wYXltZW50cy10by1mYXJtZXJz0gEA?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen>
Farmers who want to be paid for sequestering carbon now have a company that can connect them to carbon buyers. Nori is a firm that says it has developed an ...
Successful Farming
2 days ago
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

IPCC
“Limiting global warming to 1.5°C would require rapid, far-reaching and unprecedented changes in all aspects of society.” First sentence of IPPC Special Report on 1.5C Summary for Policy Makers.

<<https://www.ipcc.ch/2018/10/08/summary-for-policymakers-of-ipcc-special-report-on-global-warming-of-1-5c-approved-by-governments/ <https://www.ipcc.ch/2018/10/08/summary-for-policymakers-of-ipcc-special-report-on-global-warming-of-1-5c-approved-by-governments/>>>

Greta Thunberg
"So if we are to stay below the 1.5 degrees of warming limits …, we need to change almost everything.”

"At meetings like these, you love to listen to entrepreneurs' new ideas, new inventions. But when it comes to the climate crisis, the time for those magic new inventions has just about come and gone.

"And even though we need to embrace every bit of new clean technology, we can no longer look away from the obvious fact that we also need to change our behaviour—and some more than others.

"Everyone and everything needs to change. But the bigger your platform, the bigger your responsibility.

"The bigger your carbon footprint, the bigger your moral duty. To make the change required, we need role models and leaders—people like you.

"I'm certain that most of you sitting here will have the courage, the wisdom, and the common sense to take a few steps back. To see the full picture.

To make the sacrifices that are necessary and to become the leaders we need you to be.

"The question is: will you do it on time? Future generations are counting on you. Don't let us down.

"Thank you."

<<https://www.straight.com/news/1258421/video-swedish-teenager-greta-thunberg-urges-wealthy-people-stop-stealing-others-carbon <https://www.straight.com/news/1258421/video-swedish-teenager-greta-thunberg-urges-wealthy-people-stop-stealing-others-carbon>>>