[MCN] Ravalli County Meet and Greet for Daniel Carlino

Jeffrey J. Smith yswolfhowl at gmail.com
Fri Oct 11 13:56:11 EDT 2019

Hello.

I’m inviting you to dinner at my son Max’s farm in Stevensville this
Sunday. Max is hosting this harvest-fresh feast because he wants you to get
to know Daniel Carlino, who is running for the Public Service Commission,
the elected board that regulates utilities in Montana. Oh, and did I
mention that Missoula’s renowned chef, Marianne Forrest, has chosen the
menu and
is preparing the meal?

When - October 13th, 5 to 7pm
Where - Missoula Grain & Vegetable Co. Farm, 498 Cash Lane in Stevensville
<https://carlino2020.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=73452c4c58e683cccdafe17b0&id=2341d68cd6&e=5579ab2c92>
Suggested Donation - $27

Working the past five years in climate issues, I’ve learned the absolute
necessity of cutting greenhouse gases by moving quickly to a clean energy
future. The climate science suggests we need to cut our greenhouse gas
pollution by half in the next 10 years.

I’ve come to know Daniel in this fight. I’ve seen him in action testifying
with great poise and passion that Montana has the world-class wind, solar,
and hydro it needs. We have the money, the entreprenuers, and the skilled
workers to jettison the aged coal-fired generators at Colstrip in the next
few years. Daniel understands that the time has come to replace the largest
source of carbon dioxide pollution in the West -- Colstrip -- with clean
energy.

Forcing this public discussion at the Public Service Commission and taking
advantage of Montana’s generational opportunity is the cornerstone of his
campaign.

Yes, Dan’s young. But, when it comes to our climate, we should be guided by
“the fierce urgency of now,” Martin Luther King’s phrase. Greta Thunberg
and others remind us that older people are making a mistake when they
underestimate the young. We must choose leaders who understand the stakes
and take the bold step forward to lead.

Come share a meal that features *the* best setting in the Bitterroot Valley
and *the* best organic food prepared by *the* best chef in our region. And
give a listen to Daniel Carlino’s vision of our clean energy, low carbon
future. RSVP to max at missoulagrainandvegetable.com.

Sincerely,

Jeff Smith