[MCN] The world we're handing to the young: Climate Change Is Having Widespread Health Impacts

Lance Olsen lance at wildrockies.org
Tue Sep 17 09:55:51 EDT 2019

Scientific American. September 16, 2019

Climate Change Is Having Widespread Health Impacts
Children, pregnant people and the elderly are the most at risk from extreme weather and heat—but the impact is already felt across every specialty of medicine
By Emily Holden <https://www.scientificamerican.com/author/emily-holden/>
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/climate-change-is-having-widespread-health-impacts/ <https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/climate-change-is-having-widespread-health-impacts/>

1st 2 paragraphs

The climate crisis is making people sicker—worsening illnesses ranging from seasonal allergies to heart and lung disease.

Children, pregnant people and the elderly are the most at risk from extreme weather and rising heat. But the impact of the climate crisis—for patients, doctors and researchers—is already being felt across every specialty of medicine, with worse feared to come.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/climate-change-is-having-widespread-health-impacts/ <https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/climate-change-is-having-widespread-health-impacts/>

"The big challenge is still to deliver emissions reductions at the pace and scale needed, especially in a world where economies are driven by consumption.”

Sonja van Renssen.The inconvenient truth of failed climate policies. Nature Climate Change  MAY 2018

Published online: 27 April 2018 https://doi.org/10.1038/s41558-018-0155-4

“What we are witnessing is a temper tantrum against the mere suggestion that there are limits to what we can consume.”

Naomi Klein
https://theintercept.com/2019/09/15/trump-straws-plastic/