[MCN] Peace Party October 13, 2019

Jeannette Rankin Peace Center peace at jrpc.org
Wed Sep 25 17:01:40 EDT 2019

2019 Peace Party Scheduled for Sunday October 13,

3:30-7:30 pm in the Home Arts Building at the Missoula County Fairgrounds.

The Jeannette Rankin Peace Center invites the entire community to join us
for our fall Peace Party. Our theme is “We The People” as we remember the
passing of the 19th amendment 100 years ago and all the work toward
equality in the past. We enjoy being part of a diverse community and we
know how important it is to keep working for equality and justice for all
people.

We invite you to wear your party attire and join us for an evening of
serious fun. As you arrive, you will be greeted by the music of Chutzpah,
playing the joyful Klezmer music of the old world. Tom Catmull will play as
you enjoy dinner and the silent auction. And we will send you home with a
little jazz from the Classy Kiwi Jazz Trio of Hellgate High students. And
all evening, kids of all ages can enjoy a sugary engineering activity to
show their creativity and inclusivity with marshmallows. And we are pleased
to be able to offer face painting for anyone who wants to let their inner
youngster shine.

Homestead Organics will offer food with the help from local growers and
businesses. Beer, wine and kombucha is included in your ticket price. Our
silent auction boasts a wide selection of goods and services reflecting our
generous Missoula community, framed art pieces, gift certificates for a
wide array of Missoula business, symphony tickets and more!  And of course,
you can bid on one of our traditional international dinners, featuring many
great local cooks in the live auction, including Indian, Thai, Turkish and
Portuguese. You can also win some amazing prizes in our raffle, like lunch
at Scottys Table or a float at our neighbor Enlyten Lab.

Come celebrate being part of this vibrant community with us. Please call
543-3955 if you’d like to donate items or volunteer. Tickets are still an
excellent bargain at $50/individual, $90/couple and $10 less for JRPC
members—this includes drinks, dinner, entertainment, silent and live
auction, and children’s activities. You can also purchase a table of 10 for
just $350 and have your own special celebration with some special
treatment. Go to http://jrpc.org/peaceparty2019  <http://jrpc.org/>for more
information and to purchase tickets or stop by the Center at 519 S. Higgins
on the Hip Strip. Questions? Call us at 543-3955 or send an email to
peace at jrpc.org

Thanks to our Sponsors: The Good Food Store, Anderson Zurmuehlen, Homestead
Organics, Imagine Nation brewing, First Security Bank

Betsy Mulligan-Dague, Executive Director
Jeannette Rankin Peace Center
...working to build a world that is nonviolent, socially just and
environmentally sustainable...
519 S. Higgins
Missoula, MT 59801
Phone: 406-543-3955