[MCN] Join us Saturday for Missoula's Clean Energy Expo

Amy Cilimburg amy at climatesmartmissoula.org
Fri Sep 27 15:28:57 EDT 2019

*Missoula's Clean Energy Expo, this Saturday at Caras Park, 10am - 3pm*

If the past week's spotlight on climate change has inspired, challenged, or
made you curious, consider coming down to learn about local climate
solutions and share your ideas at Missoula's Clean Energy Expo
<https://www.missoulaclimate.org/clean-energy-expo.html>.

Join title sponsors Climate Smart Missoula
<https://www.missoulaclimate.org/>, MREA
<http://montanarenewables.org/>, Clearwater
Credit Union <https://clearwatercreditunion.org/>, City of Missoula, and
Missoula County for this  free, family-friendly event with a fun lineup of
main stage mini-presentations, + 25 local climate and sustainability
businesses and organizations, model solar car building for kids, and
more. Featuring local solar installers, presentations on solar and clean
energy, plus activities for all ages, come learn how you can be part of
Missoula's clean energy present & future.

Want more details? Check out this *Sustainable Missoula article
<https://climatesmartmissoula.us16.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c8d37c04fea38a8f27375a8b7&id=eba19abcfd&e=142cd57d64>*,
or the brief *presentation schedule* below

   - *11 a.m.:* Our “Solar-Ease” mini-workshop explains the process of
   getting solar on your home or business, including financing options, as
   well as an update on state policy around rooftop solar.
   - *Noon: *Hear from local leaders and Expo sponsors about local climate
   commitments, including 100% Clean Electricity. County Commissioner Josh
   Slotnick and City Council Alderwoman Gwen Jones will share their
   perspectives.
   - *12:30 p.m.: *Don’t miss our very own version of clean energy
   Mythbusters! We’ve received word that we'll be joined by visitors from
   another planet who are curious about how we do things here on Earth, so
   we’ve prepared a panel of experts who can set these aliens straight … and
   enlighten us about the future of clean energy.

Although we can ultimately control the climate, we cannot the weather.
We'll have lots of hot drinks and soup!