[MCN] Cycle for Science (and life)! Adventure Scientists' Wildlife Connectivity Study

Kristopher Drummond drummondkristopher at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 17:20:02 EDT 2020

Hey Missoula,

I'm writing with Adventure Scientists to let you know about a multi-year
study <http://www.adventurescientists.org/ride> we are currently running to
recruit volunteer cyclists to pedal a stretch of Montana roadway and
collect wildlife data while they ride. The data will be used to create
prevention measures like fencing, underpasses, etc and save human and
nonhuman lives in the state.

We've got an upcoming ride period (September 18 - 27) and some of the most
beautiful routes still available, particularly around the
Flathead/Whitefish/Glacier area. If you're not a cyclist but know someone
who is and who might enjoy taking part, we would be very appreciative of
you passing this email along.

Also, for any organizations or businesses who help promote the study by
making a social media post or sending a newsletter that leads to riders
signing up, we will give generous acknowledgments on our social media
channels which have over 50,000 followers, and riders also get some nice
gear perks like leather messenger bags, water bottles, and sunglasses.

To learn more about the study, see available routes or to sign up, go to
www.adventurescientists.org/ride
You can also check out a Q + A that answers many of the frequently asked
questions about participating here:
https://www.adventurescientists.org/blog/social-distancing-approved-cycling-for-science

Thank you for your time and consideration!

Gratefully,
Kris Drummond
Adventure Scientists