[MCN] Regenerative Agriculture conference - Feb. 29 in Hamilton

Summer Nelson summerpnelson at gmail.com
Fri Feb 21 13:21:27 EST 2020

*Regenerating Soil with Patterns of Diversity*

*February 29, 2020, 10am – 3:30pm*

*Corvallis Grange Hall, 130 Dutch Hill Rd, Hamilton MT*

Hall driveway on the right 100 yards west of light at Hwy 93 & Dutch Hill Rd
*Free Admission*
 *Presented by Yourganic Farm, Leon Stangl*
*Sponsors include: AERO, NCAT, Sierra Club, & others*

*yourganicfarm.com <http://yourganicfarm.com/>, yourfarm at yahoo.com
<yourfarm at yahoo.com>, 406-961-5452*

You are invited to a discussion on the various organic ways of regenerating
soil for new and well-established farmers and gardeners.

>From mycorrhiza and mulch, the edaphon and endocytosis, weeds and cover
plantings, organic supplements and no-till, to the relationships between
plants, animals and people, please join us as we consider the diverse ways
we can feed our soil so it can better feed our gardens and fields, return
carbon to nature and avoid supporting the chemical corpses that poison us
all.
*Morning Presentations:*
Larry Evans of the Western *Montana* Mycological Association opens with the
importance of well fed microbes and fungi for soil health and good growing.

Leon Stangl from Yourganic Farm speaks to the patterns of organic diversity
from weeds to animals needed to nurture those microbes.
 *Lunch Break:*
Bring your own healthy brown paper bag lunch where drinks will be provided
-  peruse the displays offered by our sponsors and chat with speakers and
fellow participants.

*Afternoon Presentations:*
John Brown from Charter Ranch north of Billings, “Free Range Worm Wrangler”
and wannabe microbe whisperer, presents soil revitalization techniques that
could also be applied to human interactions.

Steve Elliot and Lucy Brieger of LifeLine Produce share their wisdom
gleaned from growing veggies in the Bitterroot for forty years and the
evolutions in soil care they have incorporated.

Patterns of Diversity presentation will close with a panel comprised of
these speakers answering your questions about the practical ways of
regenerating your soil.