[MCN] Speaking of risk that, yes, climate can damage the economy, ....

Lance Olsen lance at wildrockies.org
Sat Feb 22 18:20:23 EST 2020

Published onTuesday, February 18, 2020
byCommon Dreams <https://www.commondreams.org/>
Extreme Weather Could Spark Economic Recession 'Likes of Which We've Never Seen Before,' Research Warns

byJake Johnson, staff writer <https://www.commondreams.org/author/jake-johnson-staff-writer>

"Unpriced risk was the main cause of the Great Recession in 2007-2008."

<<https://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/02/18/extreme-weather-could-spark-economic-recession-likes-which-weve-never-seen-research <https://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/02/18/extreme-weather-could-spark-economic-recession-likes-which-weve-never-seen-research>>>

“When asked why climate change is so politically charged, John Holden, director of the White House Office of Science and Technology, tells us: "I think the most fundamental reason is this misperception that being in favour of addressing the climate change challenge is to be against jobs and the economy."

http://www.aljazeera.com/programmes/techknow/2016/07/politics-climate-change-united-states-160714105644450.html